You are viewing this site in staging mode. Click in this bar to return to normal site.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change my address?

Please let us know promptly of any changes of address or telephone number by emailing us on, write to us, visit the surgery during our opening hours or by phoning on 01978 720450 - it may be important in an emergency.

Do I need a new patient check?

If you would like to have a new patient check, please advise the receptionist when you register with the practice.  We will offer you an appointment once we have received your clinical records from your previous surgery.

If you are concerned about your health or medication you can ask for an appointment with a doctor or nurse sooner from the day that you register.

How do I find out about any test results?

Please telephone the surgery on 01978 720450 between 11.00am - 2.00pm for results of tests. For confidentiality, results will only be given to the patient or parents of young children.

How long do test results take?

Routine bloods/swabs/urine  approx. 4 days
Cervical smears approx. 6 - 8 weeks
X-rays approx. 2 - 4 weeks 

How do I get a repeat prescription?

Repeat prescription request forms may be put and collected from:

  • The front desk in the surgery
  • McVeigh's Pharmacy in Coedpoeth
  • Any Rowlands Pharmacy in the Wrexham area
  • Any Boots Store in the Wrexham area
  • You can post requests to us - enclose a SAE (stamped addressed envelope) if you want us to return the form
  • Or send a fax to us on 01978 720261

Do the doctors/nurses do home visits?

  • If you are too ill to visit the surgery you may ask for a home visit
  • Please ask before 12.00 noon if possible
  • Please make it clear if you think your request is urgent
  • The receptionist will ask for some details to pass on to the doctor or nurse to assess the request
  • The doctor or nurse may then telephone you back for further details and careful assessment will be made before deciding on a course of action

When do I need a sickness certificate?

  • You do not need a certificate if you are off work for up to 7 days
  • If you are off under seven days you should complete a self certification form (either SC1 or SC2 - available from the DSS, your employer or at reception)
  • You may ask your doctor to provide you with a private certificate, but a charge will be made for the service
  • If you are off work for eight or more days, your doctor will, if asked provide the appropriate social security form