Telephone Consultations are here to stay!
For more information please use the link: More Info
When attending an appointment at the surgery:
Due to the current COVID 19 pandemic it is important that we minimise the risk for patients. We have in place the following rules to ensure that we are operating in a safe way. It is vital that you follow these rules.
• Do not attend it you have confirmed coronavirus and are within the 7 day period.
• Do not attend if you have been in contact with someone who has confirmed coronavirus within a 14 days period.
• You must attend your appointment on time, please do not come more than 5 minutes early as you will be asked to wait outside.
• You will not be able to be seen if you attend after your appointment time.
• You must attend the appointment alone or if you require help, you can be accompanied by one person. If you are bringing a child it must only be one parent to accompany the child.
• Please wear a mask to your appointment but no gloves.
• Please follow the floor markings when entering and leaving the building.
• Please gel your hands with the gel provided
These rules are in place to ensure that we are still able to see patient in clinic and to make sure that we provide a safe environment for all staff and patients. We appreciate you compliance with the rules during this difficult period.
Things to consider when making an appointment:
- All consultations with our Doctors and Nurses will now be over the telephone, unless a physical examination is required. If this is the case you will be invited to the surgery at a set time
- Due to appointments being in high demand, each request will be assessed by our well trained receptionist staff. Please give as much information as you can in your email or during the initial call. This will help our team make the appropriate assessment of your request and get you booked in for the right appointment.
- If you need to make a routine/non urgent appointment you can email our reception team with your request at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that you need an urgent appointment, on the same day you can phone our reception team on: 01978 720450 from 8.30am to 6.00pm. If it is deemed that you need a consultation that day, you will be offered one. For visible symptoms you may be asked to send a photo via email.
- Between 8.00am to 8.30am and 6.00pm to 6.30pm we deal with emergencies only
- We aim to have routine GP appointments available for you to book up to 6 weeks in advance with all of our Doctors (please note that on occasion where there is sickness and holiday absence we may not have appointments available for all doctors)
- Patients have access to an appropriate member of the healthcare team within 24 hours, or sooner in an emergency
- once a year, during your birth month, we will send you an invitation to schedule your annual Chronic condition appointment.
- Patients can book routine appointments 26 weeks in advance for nurses
- Please remember to make a separate appointment for each person to be seen
- Standard appointment times for the doctor are 15 minutes. Please ask at reception if you require a double appointment for additional discussion
- If you are unable to keep an appointment please inform reception as soon as possible
You can help if you:
- Only ask for a home visit if you are too ill to travel to the surgery
- Only ask for an appointment if you need one
- Only contact the out of hours if it is urgent
- Be on time for appointments and ring to cancel if you can't attend
- Telephone in before 10.30am if you need a home visit
- Tell the doctor if you are unhappy about your treatment
- Treat all staff with respect as they try to respond to your requests
Find out more about surgery opening times here.